2019 Jaguar I-PACE

It may sound strange that the first luxury electric vehicle to truly challenge Tesla comes from the British, but that's exactly the job the 2019 Jaguar I-Pace aims to do. With 240 miles of range, a head-turning design and engaging road manners, it should be an intriguing pick for an EV.
2019 Jaguar I-PACE

2019 Jaguar I-PACE

2019 Jaguar I-PACE

The I-Pace is big enough inside to seat four adults comfortably and it still provides the fun-to-drive nature you'd expect from Jaguar. Its 90-kWh battery pack powers two electric motors: one driving the front wheels, the other the rear. With a combined total of 394 horsepower, Jaguar says the I-Pace can do 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds. The immediacy of the power delivery means it feels even quicker during real-world driving.
The charge time on a 240-volt charger is just shy of 13 hours, though an 80 percent charge (roughly 190 miles) takes 10 hours. If you have access to a DC fast charger, an 80 percent fill takes 40 minutes to an hour and a half, depending on output.
Though it costs around the same as a base Tesla Model X, the I-Pace is smaller, only comes in a five-seat and single-battery configuration, and lacks access to Tesla's Supercharger network. On the upside, though, the I-Pace has regular rear doors instead of the Model X's gimmicky doors, and it doesn't oversell the promise of full self-driving capability.
While we haven't performed a full test yet, we believe the new 2019 Jaguar I-Pace is worth a closer look if you're ready to own and be proud of an electric vehicle.
driving
The immediate power delivery combined with agile steering make the I-Pace enjoyable to drive. With the regenerative braking set to its most aggressive setting, you can drive the I-Pace by simply modulating the accelerator. It's not as quick as some high-end Teslas, but it's faster than most.
comfort
An admirable ride, considering our test car had optional 22-inch wheels; it'll be even better on the 20s. The seats offer heating, ventilation and wide-ranging adjustments on higher-end trim levels. You can hear the electric motors whirring away under heavy accelerator use.
interior
Interior space is plentiful, especially with regard to headroom. You can fit four large adults without a problem. It takes a while to get familiar with the three-screen setup, partly because it's new and partly because it's not that quick. The small and steeply raked rear window hurts visibility.

My Instagram